Friday, May 23, 2014

5/23/14

Wow, I feel like I got a ton of stuff done today!  I ended up going with an SQLite database to store everything to avoid those issues where data was being lost in between Activities.  I was originally avoiding using a database because I'm don't really like working with SQL, but when I sat down and worked everything out it turned out pretty well.  Now I really appreciate the database setup they had at my internship last summer... I thought it was pretty complicated back then, but I can definitely see the advantages compared to my code

Of course, switching things to a database meant that I had to go back and basically rewrite everything that was using that data.  There's a lot of trial and error here.  But I guess it's worth it, because every time I am forced to go back and rewrite code, I learn something new.

So yeah.  Don't try to avoid the more complicated way of doing something if it is the correct way.

In other news, I'm going on vacation for the next week, so no more posts for a while.  Yeah, that's right, I'm talking to you, random 1-ish viewer per day.  Don't miss me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment