Thursday, May 22, 2014

5/22/14

Got a lot done today.  Like I said in my last post, I removed my custom ArrayAdapter in favor of the SimpleAdapter class.  I got that working, and everything seemed awesome until I tried to update it.  Turns out SimpleAdapter is meant to be used on static data, so updating it is kind of a hassle, and not very efficient.  I ended up going back to my custom adapter (thank God for version control), which I was able to extend to work with all of the other ListViews in my app.

I also figured out how to make a dialog with a custom layout.  Ran into a few issues, but eventually got it working.

Now I'm stuck trying to figure out why, as I go up/back in my app, none of the objects modified in the child Activities are being updated.  I guess I must be making a copy somewhere when the child Activity is first started?  Looks like I've got some debugging ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment